This is one of the many small "tips and tricks" given by my guru for relaxing our body when we are short of time and space.
- First just sit comfortably in any position you like. Chair is fine.
- Close your eyes. Keep them closed for a minute.
- Cup both your eyes with your palms.
- Don't press on the eyes. Just make a cup shaped envelop over the eyes.
- Make sure that the palms are not letting any lights.
- Don't worry even if you don't get perfect darkness on first try. Its not rocket science and eventually you will get it. Just open your eyes to adjust your palm and fingers if you want.
- Now that you have perfect darkness around your eyes, open your eyes slowly.
- Feel the darkness. Don't try to focus on anything. Just relax your eyes.
- Take long deep breath. Relax.
- Maintain the position for next 5 -10 minutes or as long as your hands are comfortable.
- Then Close your eyes again. Bring down your hands.
- Open your eyes slowly. Have a look around.
How do you feel. I can bet your stress is gone and you feel more relaxed then you were 10 minutes before.
Do this exercise couple of times a day and don't forget to post your experiences.