Thursday, April 20, 2006
10 warning signals for bloggers

Do you feel that tingling sensation in your fingers? Or that strange itching feeling on the back of your thumb? Does your hand shakes when you tries to keep it steady in front of your eyes? Does your hand muscles feel like burning? Do you feel the need to shake your hands every few minutes?

If your answer to any of the above question is Yes then I suggest that you pay very close attention to what I am going to say next because what you do in next 5 minute can change you life for ever. First let me tell you about myself in brief.

I was 12 years old when I received my first computer. It was the best gift I ever had. I still remember how I used to sit in front of the pc for hours and hours to play my favorite games.But now I regret doing that, because only if someone had warned me about computer related injuries like carpal Tunnel Syndrome I would not have had to go through all that pain misery.

Yes, it all starts with a funny tingling sensation in your fingers but if ignored it can become a permanent and unbearable pain which can cost you hundreds of dollars. If you happen to spend more then couple of hours on pc daily then you can be in danger because of your daily routine.

Some of the warning signals you should look out for are:
  1. Numbness of fingers and thumb.
  2. Burning sensation on the back of the hand.
  3. Tingling sensation on the back of fingers.
  4. Thumb's grip loosing its strength and things slipping out of your grip.
  5. electric-shock like feeling in hand.
  6. Increase in the pain and weakness during the night.
  7. Visible shaking of hands, more prominent in dominant hand.
  8. Feeling the need to "shake-out" hand every few minutes.
  9. Becoming clumsy in day to day tasks like buttoning the shirt.
  10. Degeneration of hand muscles.
These are few of the common symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. And if you notice any of these in yourself then I suggest that you should see your physician as soon as possible because as this problem becomes serious the pain would become permanent and there would be a visible wastage of muscles. And don't forget to tell you friends and family too. Afterall prevention is better then cure.
 
reddit Delicious Yahoo myweb Spurl

posted by jack at 10:01 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 9:37 AM, Blogger ME Strauss

Jack,
It's even worse when they have to move the nerve that's in your elbow. That's what happened to me. :)
Liz
Successful Blog

 

At 9:38 AM, Blogger ME Strauss

PS
Your blog looks beautiful!

 


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.